Wednesday 25 May 2011

Miku Miku Dance

I have had this program for a while now, I stumbled across it whist browsing YouTube, saw that it was free for anyone and thought I'd give it a go.

It took me a while to get my head around, while it was translated into English the interface was unusual and I had no idea what any of the buttons did. I had to find the one English tutorial out there to understand how to animate and load models.

After a couple of weeks of shouting at it and learning the ropes I finally understood how to use it.


 The interface is a a lot simpler than say Maya but that meant I had to figure out where everything was. The controls for the models and camera, lights and props are at the bottom while the time line is to the side. Another thing with Miku Miku Dance is you don't really have much control over the frame rate. I can only have 60fps, 30fps or no limit. I chose 30fps as it was slow and easier to animate too as 60fps would have been too fast.


This is probably my favourite model. APPEND Rin. She's probably the best looking one I have found and I want to give credit to her modeller and rigger and what ever else they did because they did an amazing job with her.

You can customise the backgrounds as well, I think Rin looks good on a black background but I can load an image there if I want or import a scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment