Wednesday 1 June 2011

Lip Sync

I decided also to do another lip sync, this time not as long and using a different rig. While I liked the Moom rig I used originally, I wasn't too keen on his facial features and controls.

For my new lip sync I decided to use Max instead. He has a more human like appearance and I preferred his facial controls and the way he looks.

I had no idea what I was going to do for sound. I wanted it to be short so Id have enough time to animate it all. So as I was browsing youtube trying to find some ideas, I came across this video from SMOSH.



I chose to do the Dragon Ball Z part (1.53) because of its lame joke. Plus there was a small chance for a little bit of interaction between the two characters.

This animation took me a little longer than I first anticipated. While it took me less than a day to get the lip syncing done, the rest of the animation was reaaaaally dragging on. I have been animating on and off this for a few weeks. Its very nearly finished now, then all I have to do is, put in cameras and render it.



Here is the final video, When I was rendering I accidently forgot to render a few frames towards the end so the sound falls out of sync. I would have gone back to re render it, but Maya decided that my student licence had run out. It would not let me render so I couldnt render out the last frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment